Smiths Property Management
How to consult and raise awareness to property owners within York of Smith’s Property Management’s services.
Smiths Property Management are specialists in the service charge management of residential, commercial and mixed-use developments. They aim to save money on service charges for flat owners, developers, landlords and investors within York by offering excellent client services.
The project will require thorough analysis of Smiths’ Property Management’s current operations and strategy towards contacting property owners within York. On completion of analysis and understanding, York Community Consulting will create a strategy that connects Smiths to property buyers, investors and developers.
- Understand the contact constraints between York property owners and Smiths
- Liaise with Adrian to review Smiths’ current operations with regards to service charges on York properties
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of their strategy towards contacting property owners
- Conduct secondary research to understand the process of purchasing property and to explore the opportunities that Smiths could capitalise on
2. Develop a strategy that will raise awareness of Smiths services to York property owners
- Conduct research and contact other service charge management companies to review their processes
- Explore the options of tangible and intangible advertising to property buyers
- Create a strategy that connects Smiths to property owners within York
Typically, we appoint 3-5 Consultants and 1 Project Manager per project.
Consultant (no previous experience required):
- attend weekly training sessions and a weekly team meeting
- attending mentor calls
- execute assigned tasks (research, survey creating, data analysis etc.)
- helping the Project Manager to set the direction of the project
- committing to personal development
- main deliverables: Statement of Work, Final Presentation
Project Manager (no previous experience required):
- taking on the responsibility of leading the project team
- delegating tasks and helping out with any necessary tasks
- organising meetings and keeping track of project deadlines
- leading the creation and delivery of deliverables (Statement of Work, Final Presentation)
- organising (with the help of the External Relations Officer) and attending mentor calls
- looking after Consultant personal development
- attending meetings with their Strategy Partner(s)
Connect with us
Do you have any questions or comments regarding our projects or anything YCC? Getting in touch with us is very simple! You can reach out to us on any of our social media channels:
Subscribe to our email newsletter and receive news updates regarding YCC, as well as exclusive opportunities from our partner organisations.
York Community Consulting (YCC)
YCC is the University of York’s very own student-led pro-bono consultancy organisation. The two primary aims of the organisation is:
- To provide students with the opportunity to develop themselves, both personally and professionally, widen their expertise, and improve their future employability.
- To create a positive social impact in both the local and wider community by providing targeted analysis and intuitive solutions to, but not exclusively, charities, student start-ups and local government.
Former Project Manager
"Not only did I oversee the delivery of a pan-European penetration and scalability strategy, I did so alongside some of the brightest students I've ever met- it really is a fantastic opportunity."